Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Importance of waiver wire position

I treat the waiver wire with the utmost importance. When you use your waiver wire position to pick someone up make it count. For instance if you had the first position on your waiver wire or the person in front of you is one can short of a six-pack then you could have picked up Brandon Jackson. If the fantasy draft was held today he would go in the 2nd or 3rd round and should be a quality running back starter for the rest of the year. I had the #2 pick in the draft so I started off with 11th position on the waiver wire and one week later I am already up to #4. Many people in my league used up their waiver position to add guys that they will probably never start. I like to wait after the waiver period is over to go in and see if there is anyone that was looked over and this way I maintain my waiver wire position. If you could get up to the 1st position just sit back and wait for the big injury to occur at the running back position and jump on the opportunity to pick up the backup or pick up a receiver that might be turning into a quality starter (I picked Miles Austin up last year).

No comments:

Post a Comment